John M. Gabala
- Phone: 217.525.1571
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 217.525.1710
Before joining Giffin, Winning, Cohen & Bodewes, P.C. as an associate, John spent seven years with the Fourth District Appellate Court as a law clerk for an Appellate Court Justice.
John received undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Political Science and Philosophy from The Pennsylvania State University and his Juris Doctor degree, along with a Juris Doctor Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago. John also served as President of the Intellectual Property Law Society, coached law students in Mock Trial Competitions, and participated in the Lonestar Classic Mock Trial Competition. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois as well as in both the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois.
Currently, John concentrates his practice on Civil, Business, and Commercial Litigation, Contract Preparation and Review, Copyright and Trademark Counseling and Protection, and Civil and Criminal Appeals. John is also a registered lobbyist with the State of Illinois and represents clients before the Illinois General Assembly.
Outside the office, John enjoys spending as much time as he can with his family. In his free time, John is active in the community through volunteer work and professional groups. A lifelong musician, John also enjoys writing, recording, and performing music when he can.
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- The Government Bar Association
- Township Officials of Illinois
- League of Financial Institutions
- Illinois Motorcycle Dealers Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Lincoln-Douglas American Inn of Court
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association
- Juris Doctor Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Featured in Illinois Leading Lawyers as an Emerging Appellate Lawyer, Commercial Litigation, and Intellectual Property Practitioner, 2018.
- “Intellectual Alchemy” Securitization of Intellectual Property as an Innovative Form of Alternative Financing, 3 J. Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law 61 (2004)
- Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Springfield Inc.